This version is designed for Windows
Update: Home Bookkeeping for PC: synchronization with Android at its best!
Still not upgraded to version 6.0 or 6.1? Here are enhancements made in the course of three months since the last update that we included in version 6.2:
I. USABILITY: Home Bookkeeping for PC now supports synchronization with the new version (version 6) of the mobile application for Android:
- The application is now launched faster;
- Now it is possible to synchronize it with Home Bookkeeping 6 for Android;
- The Currencies button now remembers your last choice and opens the window that was selected the previous time when you click it next time (Exchange rates, Exchange currency or Exchange history);
- The window with planned expenses and incomes now has the Note field;
- The Appearance menu has been added to the main window of the application. You can select either normal or compact view. When you select the compact view, the working area becomes larger: the height of table rows becomes smaller, the height of the control panel and tabs becomes smaller;
- The Synchronization button remembers your last choice and opens the synchronization window selected the previous time when you click it next time (Android or iOS).
II. WORKING WITH ACCOUNTS, CREDITS AND DEBTS:
- The Accounts - Transfer funds between accounts section now has the Duplicate feature that will help you duplicate an already existing transfer between accounts;
- The Accounts - In Brief and Accounts - In Detail tables now have the Other Transactions columns that show the sums of all transactions except for expenses and incomes;
- Hidden accounts are now displayed in the account filter of the main window only if you select the Show hidden accounts checkbox on the Accounts - In Brief tab;
- The Debtors and Creditors window now has the Duplicate feature that will help you duplicate an already existing repayment.
III. GENERAL SETTINGS:
- The interface is translated into several languages: English, Ukrainian, Belorussian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Bulgarian;
- New settings that allow you to increase the working area of the application are available;
- New settings are available on the control panel in the main window: Show/Hide icons, an also Show large/small icons;
- The following option is available in the settings: Show/Hide icons on the main window tabs.
- The height of table rows in the main window is 2 pixels smaller. More rows are now visible on the screen.
- The settings of charts are retained now.
Download new version 6.2 of Home Bookkeeping for PC free of charge
Home Bookkeeping for the PC has been reinvented!
For almost seven years version 5 of "Home Bookkeeping" has helped people tackle their personal finances and plan their family budget. Download the new version 6 for 30 days for free and start using it right away!
Here are some of the things that we have taught the new version of our PC program to do:
I. "Loans and debts" Section:
- New: Support for early repayment. Now the formulas in "Home Bookkeeping" are able to properly take account of the early repayment of loans and debts.
- Improvement: You can now "repay" the loan/debt with any account. For example, you can lend money from your wallet, and the loan can be paid back to a bank card or using an electronic funds transfer.
II. "Currency" Section:
- New: The software can now keep track of your precious metals. Quotations for precious metals have been added to the list of "currencies." You can keep track of precious metals (gold, silver, platinum, palladium) and obtain quotes from the Internet site of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation. You can now manually keep track of not just of "unallocated bullion accounts" (investments in precious metals in Russia and abroad), but also purchased bullion and coins made of the finest precious metals in every country and currency, including each of their individual exchange rates.
- Improvement: Number of default currencies. The number of currencies that can be used in your day-to-day accounting has been increased. You can select the ones that you need from a prespecified list of currencies. In version 5 you could only use 5 currencies, but in version 6 you can conduct accounting in up to 8 currencies.
III. Appearance and usability
- Improvement: A new visual design for version 6. Check out the application's new, lighter skin! The new color scheme is visually pleasing. Controls and design (buttons, table cells, charts) have been made somewhat bigger and brighter.
- Improvement: "Home Bookkeeping" is now more ergonomic! For your convenience, some of the elements within the application have been grouped on the basis of functionality. For example: do you often transfer money from your wallet to a card or vice versa? You will like the fact that the section for transferring funds between accounts has been moved to the main window on the "Accounts" tab.
- Improvement: A new visual design for categories. A bit of beauty and functional clarity. Each category and subcategory for expenses and income as well as the name of each creditor or debtor can now be assigned its own unique visual style (background and font color as well as font style: bold, italic, underline or strikeout).
IV. "Accounts" Section:
- Improvement: Separate graphs for credit and debit accounts as well as for exchanging currencies. This will help you avoid confusing expense and income categories.
- Improvement: We have eliminated the potential for confusing the Expenses and Income Graphs. The account Expenses Graph now only shows expenses, and the Income Graph only shows income.
- Improvement: It is now possible to temporarily hide accounts. Now you can temporarily hide unneeded accounts without deleting them from the database.
- Improvement: Easy-to-see icons for accounts. Each account is given its own icon image for quick reference. This will help you save time on searching.
- Improvement: It is now possible to arbitrarily rearrange the order of accounts. You are now no longer forced to sort them alphabetically.
V. Application quick start
- New: Update notifications. Now when you first start the application after installing updates. The most recent release of "Home Bookkeeping" presents you with a window with information about what has changed or been added in the recent update.
- Improvement: Your last filter will be remembered. Do you actively use filters in the main window? Now their state ("on"/"off") is stored, permanently saved and then restored the next time that you start the application (if the filters are left enabled, then when you launch the application they will be reactivated again and the application will look exactly the way that you left it)
- New: Direct training in the application. We've added detailed tooltips to the interface that provide guidance to beginners about where to start. We make it easy for anyone to start mastering their finances and family budgeting from scratch!
Download the new version 6 and start using it right away!